Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Flashback


Today was the third in a series about the grace of generosity. Feedback I'm getting is telling me that what the Bible has to say on this subject is really connecting. And that's great to know. God wants us to grow and abound in this grace. Next Sunday we'll take on a challenge or two to be generous.

A fun part of today's message was my version of "MTV Cribs". We used it to show how much "stuff" we really have. We'll get it up on YouTube soon if you missed it.
The Lobby continues to be (IMO) the best part of our campus at NHC. It's where relationships are begun and nurtured in a way I've never experienced in a church. The folks who arrive early and/or stay late are getting it. Fellowship is one of the best parts of being connected with a church family.

And what other church in the world gets sweet potato biscuits from Kelly's every Sunday???

Our band really needs to get crankin' on a CD project.

After church our family trekked up the beach to Carova to visit with family down on vacation. To get to Carova you have to drive on the beach, which is always a treat. And we got to eat Venezuelan arepas for the first time. Muy bueno!

Today is day 21 of our 40 Days of Prayer! Good stuff is happening as God's people make prayer a greater focus and priority. Keep it up.

And I apologize to any Red Hat ladies who might have been present in the 9AM gathering. My hunch is that even though I don't get it, you're probably a fun group of girls!

And finally the weather has cooled off!

3 comments:

Mrs Redboots (Annabel Smyth) said...

As I understand it, the idea behind the Red Hat groups is even though one may be of a certain age, one is still young at heart. From a poem you probably already know:

"When I am an old woman, I will wear purple/And a red hat that does not go, and does not suit me."

I know that you, like me, are of a certain age - but hey, we're as old as we feel, no?

Andy Lawrenson said...

I'm assuming you made a dumb comment about the hats?

We are in search of a church to attend in Venice on Sunday. The drive-by's don't look to promising. :)

We miss worshipping at home. I love our church so much it is hard to go anywhere else. Preachin isn't half bad most of the time either. ;)

Rick Lawrenson said...

It'll get better in a couple of Sundays. Burnie's up to bat.