Monday, September 8, 2008

Places I'd rather not go

On my way to an engagement in Burlington, NC today I drove by the exits on I-40 that I have taken too many times earlier this year.

One was the Durham Fwy exit that leads to Duke Medical Center. The other was the exit to the motel where we stayed when at Duke.

It was a strange feeling to look up and see those signs again. Not a good feeling, either. Too many times I took those exits with fear about what was about to happen down the road. I actually wasn't expecting to see them because my starting point this morning was on the other side of Raleigh, so they kinda caught me by surprise.

Next time I travel that direction I'll probably find an alternate route. I don't want to go back there anymore. If you know what I mean.

1 comment:

CFHusband said...

I know exactly what you mean...