Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Before we start complaining about the jump in gas prices or even that gas may be rationed, and the inconvenience that will cause us, let's turn our thoughts to the potential devastation to the Texas coast this storm will bring.

And let's pray for all those who live in this hurricane's path. Those of us living on the coast would do well to remember Jesus' words to "Do unto others...". Ike could have easily been our nightmare.

Let's also not forget to pray for those already crushed by recent storms, especially in Haiti. The story there is particularly grim. Over 1000 have died in that country from hurricanes this month.

So please today and tomorrow be sure to use your prayer time to remember those affected by these storms.

6 comments:

Ronnie Roach said...

Rick,

Hopefully prayers from those that understand the impact will help. I am watching the radar and reports and praying that Katrina scared most and forced them to evacuate.

Rick Lawrenson said...

Hey Ronnie. Good to hear from you.

Jenna said...

Rick,

I have been reading Nate's blog for several months now following their story. I clicked on yours tonight and I just want to thank you for the prayers for those of us in Ike's path. We live in Houston and conditions are getting bad by the hour or so...

Marilyn said...

I think in he third paragraph you mean "especially in Haiti." My heart bleeds for the people there. Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the western hemisphere (if not the poorest). They have been hit again and again and again. Any time we start to feel sorry for ourselves, think about being hit by Fay, Gustav and Ike!

Marilyn said...

OOOPS, I forgot to mention they were also hit by Hanna.

Mrs Redboots (Annabel Smyth) said...

Indeed I am, and have been praying! But am also overjoyed as one dear friend has evacuated herself to my country and city, and I'm hoping to see her during the week. God truly does work things together for good!

But I have other friends in the area who I'm really rather worried about.